Considering the advances in technology, there’s no reason why we should still be waiting in line at polling stations to cast votes. The machines being used in most locales are also as vulnerable to tampering and hacking as modern technologies.
Americans should be able to vote via their mobile device, with verification done via blockchain. This would dramatically increase participation in all elections, whether local, state or federal.
Join the fight
Problems to be Solved
- Voting is hard and time-consuming, which is why turnout even in presidential elections is barely over 50% and much lower during local and state elections. This rewards extreme points of view as opposed to the popular will.
It’s ridiculous that in 2020 we are still standing in line for hours to vote in antiquated voting booths. It is 100% technically possible to have fraud-proof voting on our mobile phones today using the blockchain. This would revolutionize true democracy and increase participation to include all Americans - those without smartphones could use the legacy system and lines would be very short.
- Make voting easier and more secure
- Reduce inconsistent processes between states
- Restore confidence and engagement in the democratic process
As President, I will...
- Work to modernize our voting infrastructure to utilize modern technology to make it easier and more secure to vote, thus increasing the number of Americans participating in our democracy.